GNM full form. A nurse has an important role in any hospital to cure patients very quickly by taking proper care of them. Whenever doctors treat a patient, a nurse is also needed them. The nurse works hard to cure a patient with utmost sincerity and dedication. If you also want to become an experienced nurse, then the GNM course is very good for that.
By the way, there are many courses to become a doctor. But to become a better and more knowledgeable nurse, one also has to take courses. Through this course, what is the work of a nurse, is taught in a better way. What kind of care can be taken to cure the patient very quickly, in this course, complete information is received.
In today’s time, to become a nurse in any private or government hospital, it is necessary to have the right certificate. That’s why if you want to get a job as a nurse, and want to take care of the patient by becoming a nurse, then definitely do the GNM course for that.
What is the full form of GNM? In how many days GNM course is completed, what is the GNM course syllabus, and which are colleges to do the GNM course, you will get complete information in this article.
What is GNM Full Form
GNM is such a course that any boy or girl can do it. This is a nursing diploma course in the medical line. GNM full form of general nursing and midwifery. There are many medical hospitals in India, in which GNM course is conducted.
After doing this course, 1 certificate is received by the college, which proves that this candidate is fully prepared to become a registered nurse in any government or private hospital. Along with the hospital, you can get a job as a nurse in an orphanage, old age home, or any health-related institution.
A study related to the health care of any patient in the hospital is done in this course. Information about taking care of whatever equipment is there in the hospital is given in the GNM course. GNM is a Diploma course. Which is done after passing 12th.
Eligibility for GNM
If a student wants to make a career as a nurse in the medical line, then the GNM course is a better degree. The special thing about this course is that it can be done by any boy or girl. But for that, some qualification is necessary for the student.
- Before doing this course, first of all, complete the twelfth.
- It is necessary to have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects in twelfth.
- By the way, if you complete the twelfth from arts also, then you can apply for this course.
- It is necessary to have at least 50% marks in the twelfth.
- The student taking admission to the GNM course should be mentally sound.
- Must have knowledge of English.
To do the GNM course, the age of student must be between 17 to 35 years.
Admission process for GNM course
After passing the 12th, admission to the GNM course is taken. This course is a Diploma course of 3 years and 6 months in duration. Which admission process can be taken on the basis of the entrance exam.
But in many colleges, direct admission is also taken. If you go for admission to any institute, then first get complete information about the admission process. In which institute the admission process is done on the basis of merit or in which institute it is done on the basis of entrance exam, it will be easy to get admission after knowing this.
Entrance Exam for GNM Course
If admission is done in such an institute where admission is done on the basis of an entrance exam, then it is necessary to have information about the entrance exam first.
The merit list comes out after giving the test. After that admission takes place. To take admission to the GNM course, you can register online in any college sitting at home, or you can go to the college in offline mode and take admission by filling out the form. By the way, every state’s entrance exam is conducted every year.
- BHU nursing entrance exam
- AIIMS nursing entrance exam
- Jipmer nursing entrance exam
- IGNOU open net
- Bihar GNM
- Gujarat GNM
- Jharkhand GNM
- MGM CET nursing
- RUHS nursing entrance exam
- PGIMER Nursing
GNM course fee
This course can be done at a government college or private college. If you do a GNM course from a private college, then direct admission is done. If you do it from a government college, then you have to pass the entrance exam for that.
If you do a general nursing and midwifery course from any government college then the fee is less. On the other hand, if you do this course from a private college, then it costs more money than a government college.
What is taught in the GNM Nursing course?
In the GNM course, the subject related to the course is taught for 3 years and there is an internship of 6 months.
- Giving medicine to the patient on time.
- Proper care of medical equipment.
- If any patient is seriously ill, then take better care of him.
- Serving the patient with empathy and being emotionally strong.
- Taking care of pregnant women.
- Keeping information related to medicines as well as food of patients.
- Checking the patient’s blood pressure.
- Monitoring the health condition of any patient at all times.
- Keeping information about working as an assistant when the doctor treats the patient.
- Keeping information related to the admission of any patient and what medicines are to be given to them.
- Checking the sugar of the patient.
- Recognizing and noting changes in the patient’s health status on a daily basis.
GNM Nursing Course College
- Government Medical College and Hospital Chandigarh
- Christian Medical College Vellore
- St. John’s Medical College Bengaluru
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Patna
- Banaras Hindu University Varanasi
- Rabindra Nath Tagore University Bhopal
- AFMC Pune Maharashtra
- Rabindra Nath Tagore University Bhopal Madhya Pradesh
- Aligarh Muslim University Uttar Pradesh
- NIMS University Jaipur Rajasthan
- Sharda University Noida Uttar Pradesh
After the GNM course, there is a course to work in any private and government hospital in the field of job sector medicine. After doing this, the doors of many opportunities open in the field of medicine.
You can apply for all the jobs that come out in the medical field in the government or private sector. Along with the hospital, you can also take care of yourself as a nurse by going to someone’s home. Along with this, there are many other medical institutes, where you can easily get a job after the general nursing and midwifery course.
- Private Hospital
- Government Hospital
- Old Age
- Railway Hospital
- Army Hospital
- Health Center Rural Health Center
The career scope after the GNM course
Government Dispensary Community has been told. Some of which have excellent career scope.
- Midwife Nurse
- Child Nurse
- Health Promotion Officer
- Clinical Nurse
- Social Worker
- Legal Nursing Consultant
- Community Nurse
- Nursing Teacher
- Mental Health
what to do after the GNM course
In an emergency, you can apply for jobs in private hospitals or government hospitals. In government hospitals too, there is always recruitment for nurses. By keeping its information and applying, you can also do the job of a nurse in the government sector. If you want to continue your studies after doing this course, then you can also do a master’s degree.
- CMS ED Full Form
- Best computer courses for job
- Human Life Meaning
- How to become rich
- Sentence of Goal of Life
- What is the full form of DAV,
GNM course syllabus
|Anatomy and physiology||Second year|
|Microbiology||Medical surgical nursing|
|Applied science||Mental health and psychiatric nursing|
|Sociology||Child Health Nursing|
|Nursing foundation||Third Year|
|Basics of Nursing||Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing|
|First aid||Community Health Nursing|
|Community Nursing||Co-Curricular Activities|
|Environment cleanliness||Nursing Education|
|Health education and communication skill||Introduction to Research and Statistics|
|English||Business Trends and Adjustment|
|Computer Education||Nursing Administration and Ward Management|
|Nutrition||Clinical Areas in General Nursing and Midwifery|
GNM full form. GNM Course in 3 Practical experience is taught for one year for a course. The internship is done for 6 months. The salary of a nurse can be more or less for different posts in different institutions.
Hello Friends, This is Ravi Shankar Tiwari. Welcome to Gyanitechinfo Blog. He has completed MBA (IT). He is a Professional blogger and Founder of this website. He has deep knowledge about computers, technology, Internet, Blogging, SEO, MS Word, MS Excel, Make Money & Full Form. Always learn something new and grow your knowledge.