How To Became SDM – Sub Divisional Magistrate is also known as assistant commissioner. The word SDM is derived from the word Tehsil. Tehsil means subdivision. A sub-division consists of an SDM. The Head of the tehsil is Sub Divisional Magistrate SDM.
There can be many blocks in a tehsil. But a district can have many tehsils. The district is known as the district. Subdivision is also known as Tehsil in Hindi. Tehsil is headed by SDM.
In India and Pakistan, most of the SDMs are known by the name of the assistant commissioner. Those who look after all types of works related to land and revenue department in their tehsil. The SDM is also the chief land revenue officer of the subdivision. How to Become Bank Manager
- 1 How To Become SDM
- 1.1 1. Pass Graduation
- 1.2 2. Knowledge of current affairs
- 1.3 3. Pass UPSC Exam
- 1.4 4. SDM full form
- 1.5 Eligibility to become an SDM
- 1.6 The selection process to become an SDM
- 1.7 How to prepare to become an SDM
- 1.7.1 1. Make a timetable
- 1.7.2 2. Current Affairs and General Knowledge
- 1.7.3 3. Read the old question paper
- 1.7.4 4. Join the coaching class
- 1.7.5 5. Make notes
- 1.7.6 6. Read NCERT Books
- 1.7.7 7. understand the pattern and syllabus
- 1.7.8 8. Build confidence and patience
- 1.7.9 9. Prepare through the internet
- 1.7.10 10. Understand all the subjects
- 1.7.11 11. Knowledge of grammar
- 1.8 Work of SDM
- 1.9 Salary of SDM
- 1.10 summary
How To Become SDM
To become one has to study with a lot of passion and hard work. Because this exam is a hard-level exam. In many nationals, the national Civil Services Examination is conducted by UPSC to become an SDM.
UPSC is also a very important exam to become an SDM. It is organized at the national level. UPSC is called the Union Public Service commission. UPSC is also known as Union Public Services Examination. If you get a good rank in the UPSC exam, then you are posted on the post of SDM.
This exam is conducted in 3 stages. There is a preliminary exam in the first stage, a main exam in the second stage, and an interview in the third stage. After passing all three stages, one can get the post of SDM.
To clear this exam, the candidate should have complete knowledge of General Knowledge, Grammar, Geography, History, and Current Affairs.
SDM is an officer rank post. Therefore, to become an SDM in India, some important steps mentioned below have to be followed. How to become a CEO
1. Pass Graduation
To become an SDM, first of all, after passing 12th, it is necessary to pass graduation from any recognized college or university. Because to pass any civil services exam, the educational qualification is graduation.
2. Knowledge of current affairs
To become an SDM, one should have a good knowledge of current affairs. You can keep up with current events through newspapers, TV News, or Mobile Applications.
It is necessary to be aware of the popular news related to every field such as geography, history, citizen, physics, chemistry, economics, research, or country and abroad.
3. Pass UPSC Exam
The civil Services exam is conducted every year by UPSC. Apply it. This exam is conducted in three phases. After passing one becomes an IAS officer. Who is posted on the post of SDM in any sub-division of the national?
4. SDM full form
The full form of SDM is Sub Divisional Magistrate. SDM or Sub Divisional Judge is also called
Eligibility to become an SDM
If someone wants to become an SDM after passing 12th, then he has to do graduation first.
- After passing graduation from any stream, you can give an exam to become SDM.
- Graduation should be passed from any recognized college or university.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate age should be between 21 years to 42 years.
- Relaxation in age limit is given for reserved categories such as ST, SC, and OBC people.
The selection process to become an SDM
To become an SDM, one has to give the exam in three stages. If all three stages are passed, then only one can attain this position. It takes a lot of hard work to pass this exam. One has to have a good knowledge of every subject syllabus pattern. Only then you can easily pass this exam.
1. Screening Test
Multiple choice questions of 150 marks are asked in this exam. The time duration of this exam is of 2 hours. In which questions related to general knowledge are asked. If you pass this exam, then you are qualified to appear in the next stage exam.
2. Main Exam
Preliminary exams are called to appear in the Main Exam. The main exam is of a more difficult level than the first stage exam. So to clear this exam, the right guidance and hard work are needed.
Four papers are taken in this exam. It is mandatory to give all four papers. If you pass this exam, then you can give the interview exam.
The screening Test and Main Exam are called for the Interview Exam. In this exam, the officials ask questions to all the candidates one by one. In this, if the correct answer is given correctly, the candidate passes.
When they pass this exam, they are posted to the post of SDM in the sub-division.
How to prepare to become an SDM
To crack any civil services exam one has to study at a high level. Because in this exam all types of questions are asked from Geography, History, Civics, General Knowledge, and Current Affairs in every field.
If the candidate has accurate knowledge of all the happenings, latest developments, and international events that have happened in the present, then only he is able to pass this exam.
Therefore, to become an SDM, preparation should also be done in the best way.
1. Make a timetable
To pass the exam, it is most important that you study by making a timetable every day. If you study by setting a timetable, then you can easily achieve your goal. You will be able to revise every subject well.
2. Current Affairs and General Knowledge
The most important thing to crack the Civil Services Examination is Current Affairs and General Knowledge. Because more questions are asked related to this area.
For this, if you read books on history, general knowledge, geography, etc., then you will be able to get all kinds of information.
It is important to keep abreast of the daily events happening in daily newspapers TV news etc.
3. Read the old question paper
whenever you are giving the exam, then definitely check the question paper of the year before that.
Because by looking at the previous year’s question paper, you will be able to know about each and every question. Only then will you be able to revise that question.
4. Join the coaching class
If you are able to join a coaching class or institute then you can prepare better by coaching class. Many institutes or coaching centers are open in every city to prepare for the Civil Services Examination.
Where preparation is done in a very good way through experienced teachers. In coaching classes, every type of subject related to each and every syllabus pattern is taught well. Due to this the chances of getting success in the exam increase.
5. Make notes
Make notes of whatever studies you do at home or in coaching classes.
6. Read NCERT Books
Most of the questions that come in any civil services exam come from the NCERT book itself. Therefore, by reading the NCERT book, one gets to know about each question,
7. understand the pattern and syllabus
whoever is giving the exam, first of all, it is important to understand what is the syllabus, and what is the pattern.
When you understand the syllabus well, then you will be able to prepare well for every subject related to it.
So that you can get good marks in every subject in the exam. This will also increase your confidence.
8. Build confidence and patience
There are many people who once they are not able to pass the exam, their confidence decreases. Or if they do not understand well about any subject, do not understand the question, then they start losing their patience.
But to pass the exam, both confidence and patience should be maintained. Only then can you prepare well for the exam. You will be able to prepare well.
9. Prepare through the internet
In the present time, the internet is the best medium to prepare for any exam. You can prepare well by doing online coaching through the internet.
YouTube is a very good platform for online preparation. Where online preparation is done by more than one experienced teacher.
To prepare online, you have to understand everything by yourself. You have to prepare by yourself.
10. Understand all the subjects
it is important to understand all the subjects in this exam like general knowledge, current affairs, grammar, etc. in a good way. It is necessary to keep information about the events happening in the country and abroad through newspapers, and TV news every day.
11. Knowledge of grammar
If you want to pass the exam to become an SDM, then it is also necessary to have knowledge of grammar. In grammar, the practice of synonyms, idioms, antonyms, proverbs, etc. is necessary.
Work of SDM
An SDM has to fulfill many types of responsibilities of the subdivision.
- Maintain all records and account information relating to revenue.
- To see the legal process related to the land of all the villages that come under a subdivision.
- To look into the loss related to the crop of the farmers and restrict their compensation.
- Residence certificate, caste certificate, income certificate, etc. Important documents are valid only after the signature of the SDM.
- To look after the work related to land acquisition and to know about the disputes related to it and to resolve the same.
- To keep all kinds of information by visiting your area from time to time.
- If there is a loss due to a natural calamity, then it is the job of the SDM to start a relief operation for it.
- If there is a dispute over the land or someone has occupied it, then it is the work of the SDM to get that property vacated and divided.
- The function of the SDM is to take care of income-related work in the nation.
- It is the job of the SDM to supervise his regional officers. So that every officer can do his job well.
- It is the work of the SDM to conduct the elections of the members of the Lok Sabha and the Legislative Assembly in the district.
- Marriage registration.
- If there is a criminal case with a minor, then he can do judicial work.
- It is the job of the SDM to issue and renew all types of registrations and licenses.
Salary of SDM
An IAS officer is appointed as SDM in any sub-division by passing the IAS exam. The basic salary of SDM is around 30 thousand to 50 thousand.
As experience increases, so does the salary increment. A sub-divisional magistrate also gets various facilities from the government, such as
- dearness allowance
- house rent allowance
- travel allowance
- free electricity
- free telephone connection
- domestic servants and security personnel
- on behalf of the government
- How to Become Bank Manager after 12th
- How to become a CEO after 10th
- How to Become an Income Tax Officer
- how to become a sub-inspector after 12th
- how to become a content writer in India
- how to become a sanyasi
- how to become a cricketer in India
Made by SDM only. That is why Sub Divisional Magistrate is known as a powerful officer in the subdivision. It is the job of the SDM to take care of the administrative work.
Complete information about how to become an SDM is given in this article. How to prepare to become an SDM, what should be the qualification etc.