What is WordPad? Wordpad is a text editor program. It comes with the operating system software. Wordpad is a free text editor program that is installed with the default operating system. WordPad is a small editor program similar to Microsoft Word. It does not have advanced features like Microsoft Word. A limited number of facilities are given in Wordpad.
WordPad is a simple text editing program in which you can easily type words. Many features have been given in it such as text can be printed, font, bold, italic, color, etc. features have been given.
WordPad started with the Windows 95 operating system, which has become worse than the current times, as many versions of the Windows operating system have come with it by default.
What is Wordpad
WordPad is a simple text editor program in which you can type and print text. Easily we can increase or decrease the font size. You can also set different textures of font size. We can choose different types of colors here. You can check the spelling. You can format text. Like underline, font shrink, and font grows options can be used.
WordPad has three menu bars. Like file, home, and view. The menu bar also contains several submenus. All the features of Wordpad are also explained in the image below and information about each option is given below.
History of WordPad
The history of the Wordpad is associated with the Windows 95 operating system, before which Wordpad was known as Microsoft Write, which was replaced by Wordpad.
I can work very easily on Wordpad. because it’s a simple typing program. Any person who has little knowledge about computers can easily type anything in it.
Microsoft Word has advanced features. So an application can be designed well whenever Wordpad has a limited number of features.
How to open Wordpad on the computer
These are the three ways to open Wordpad.
- Start menu – Windows Accessories – Wordpad
- window – search box – Wordpad – Enter
- Windows button plus R together – Wortdpad
- Title bar – The name that appears at the top is called the title bar.
- Quick Access Toolbar – To access any features instantly, you can use the features from here. In this, we can add or remove any features.
- Minimize – Use this option to shorten any document. By which the document can be minimized.
- Maximize – Use this option to make Wordpad documents or MS Word document, windows appear bigger, which means use this option to maximize.
- Close – To close a particular document, click on Close.
- Ruler – To increase or decrease the size of any document from the left, right, top, or bottom.
- Zoom out – To reduce the size of any document, zoom out, which reduces the size of that document.
- Zoom-in – To increase the size of any document, use the zoom-in option.
- New – to create a new document
- Open – Open previously saved WordPad documents.
- Save – The active document.
- Save as – Different format and different file names also.
- Print- To print any document.
- Page setup – Set different sizes & positions, etc.
- Send in the mail – Send a mail to others.
- Exit – To close the open document.
2. Home tab
- Clipboard – Cut – Copy – Paste.
- Font block – Font face, font size, bold, Italic, underline, superscript, script, strikethrough, grow font, shrink font, text color, text highlight color.
- Paragraph block – Decrease indent, increase indent, start a list, line spacing, etc.
- Insert block – Insert a picture, date and time, and object.
- Editing block – Replace any word.
3. View the tab
- There are lots of features in this tab. Example zoom and more.
- Set the page margin of the document.
What is the extension?
By default extension is. RTF.
What is the executable file name?
Executable file name wordpad.exe.
- How to add comments in word
- MS Word Full Form
- How to Learn MS Word, Five Important method
- Difference Between MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- What is Wordart in MS WordUses & advantages
What is Wordpad? Wordpad is just like a simple place where we can type words easily. But if you want to use different types of features like Word then you cannot edit and design like Word. If you have any questions or any suggestions related to Wordpad then please comment in a comment below section.
Hello Friends, This is Ravi Shankar Tiwari. Welcome to Gyanitechinfo Blog. He has completed MBA (IT). He is a Professional blogger and Founder of this website. He has deep knowledge about computers, technology, Internet, Blogging, SEO, MS Word, MS Excel, Make Money & Full Form. Always learn something new and grow your knowledge.